Your personal information
We sometimes ask you for personal information when you use our site, as part of the registration process, or when you book our services, or subscribe to any of our email newsletters
We use that information for a few reasons to:
- help us provide services to you, or to answer your request
- contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
All information relating to your case is held in total confidence. Your consent is required to allow the exchange of information between other health care practitioners for proper and effective management of your condition.
We will publish data showing our ‘client results’ achieved on the programme on our website and through social media. Unless you expressly agree otherwise all data displayed will be fully anonymous, you will not be identifiable and the data will state that it is anonymous.
You may expressly choose to allow your personal data to be publicly displayed at any time. If you agree, we may choose to publish ‘your story’ on our website, Facebook or other social media but we will only do this with your express consent.
We may engage third parties to provide you with services on our behalf. We may disclose your personal information to those third parties, only to provide those services with your consent.
Your e-mail address and phone number are used for direct contact in relation to your appointments and other inquiries.
All new clients are automatically added to our newsletter mailing list to keep you updated with any changes to the Diabetes clinic as well as provide you with educational material related to your health.
We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We may collect information about your visit to help us improve our site. This information doesn’t identify you personally. It can include:
- your IP address (which we won’t share with third parties)
- the search terms you used
- the pages you visited and the links you clicked
- the date and time you visited our site
- the referring site (if any) from where you clicked through to our site
- the operating system and the type of web browser you use.
- enable some functionality and ease of use
- hold information about whether you access our site with a mobile device or not.
These cookies do not store any personal information.
We will try to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you give us. We will only disclose information when needed:
- to operate this website
- to provide services to you
- by law.
Our contractors who provide services to you are also obliged to protect your personal information. But we are not responsible for any misuse of information by third parties.
Access to personal information
We will try to take all reasonable steps to keep information about you accurate and up to date. You have the right to read, update, change, or delete any information you provide when you use our website.
Contact us to:
- see the information we hold about you
- get your information changed if it is incorrect
- ask us for more information about our privacy and security policy.
For information about how we protect your confidential information when you engage our services, see our Terms of trade.
Links to other websites
We may link to other websites over which we have no control. A link to another website doesn’t mean we endorse all the content on that website. We’re not responsible for the content of these links or the privacy practices of other websites.
Your rights under the GDPR
If you are a citizen or resident of a country in the European Union, the GDPR grants you the following rights:
- To access to your personal data that we hold on request, within one calendar month from your request. In case of excessive, unreasonable or repeated requests we may charge you a reasonable fee and may require extra time to meet your request. We may use reasonable means to confirm your identity before agreeing to any request. Please contact us by email at email@example.com.
- To have your personal data corrected, if it is inaccurate or outdated. To do so, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be forgotten by us at no charge within one calendar month of your request. This also means you will not have access to our service, unless and until, you open a new account with us. To be forgotten, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
- To restrict processing of your personal data by our contractors or agents on request, within one calendar month from your request. Please note that some of our contractors or agents are essential to our services, so that if you block processing by them, our services may not be available to you. To do so, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Portability of your personal data. You have the right to get a copy of your personal data that we hold for processing in a form that is portable or can be transferred directly from us to another party. We will respond to your request within one calendar month from your request. We may use reasonable means to confirm your identity before agreeing to any request. Please contact us by email at email@example.com.